The Scholarship Application Process is now closed.
Applicants will be notified via email by February 24, 2016
The ASA provides scholarships to those unable to attend the annual conference because of financial reasons. We truly love funding people. It is part of our mission. In the past we have been able to fund most of those who have requested a scholarship. Our funds are limited so we continue to prioritize our scholarships according to those with the most need. This year, we envision the same process.
We ask applicants to first seek financial assistance from their own institutions or organizations. If institutions or organizations cannot provide funds, then applicants should apply for scholarships.
- Scholarship Award notifications will go out by email on February 24, 2016. Make sure to include an email that is checked frequently so as not to miss the award notification! If you do not hear from us by this date, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Scholarship awards include entrance into the 40th ASA Annual Conference at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia , March 9-12, 2017 and membership in the Appalachian Studies Association for 2016.
- If you request a scholarship, do not pay registration now! If you receive a scholarship, your scholarship notification will serve as your registration to the conference.
- If you apply for a scholarship and pay registration, we will assume you do not need the scholarship and will award it to someone on our waiting list.
- Meals are not included.
All applicants receiving the award:
- Must confirm receipt of the award by notifying firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- Must sign-in at the registration desk, and pick-up their registration packet on-site.
- Must notify email@example.com if they find they are not able to attend so that these awards may be distributed to someone on our waiting list.
- Are asked not to transfer the scholarship award to another conference attendee. We have a waiting list for any cancelled scholarships.
- Do not need to pay registration. The award covers registration.
- To order and pay for conference meals please use the registration form and mark the top of the form with the words "Scholarship Recipient".
Applicants not receiving the award:
- Will still have time to register at the pre-registration rate through our secure, online portal or pay the full rate by visiting the on-site registration desk upon arrival. Registration opens Friday, March 18, 2016, at 8:00 a.m.